Adoptive families have embarked upon a journey that will present unique joys and challenges. Post Adoption Support Services at the Center for Child & Family Health provides services to adoptive families in 20 counties in the state of North Carolina (see map below). We can help with a wide range of issues including:
- Helping families reconcile the hopes and expectations for adoption with the day-to-day life experiences after adoption
- Talking with your child about being adopted
- Dealing with challenging behaviors
- Understanding what is typical for different age and growth stages
- Strategies for helping your child heal from previous abuse, trauma and loss
- Understanding how prenatal substance exposure may be affecting your child
- Identifying high-quality community services and supports
- Strengthening your child's positive connections to family and culture
Every family has a unique journey through adoption, but you don't have to go it alone.
Who We Serve
We provide services for families who have adopted children from foster care, private agencies (domestic and international), and from family or friends who are living in the following counties:
Do you live in a county outside of our service area? Please click here to find out who provides Post Adoption services in your county.